Working for pharmacy that's part of the United Pharmacy Network is a rewarding experience. It's not a job but a lasting career. We’re a group of local neighborhood pharmacies. But more than that we’re a group of people who really like to work together. We care about our coworkers, about their families, about what’s going on in their lives. And we care about each person that walks through our doors. The people we serve are not just customers, they’re friends and neighbors who trust us to help them on their path to health and wellness.
Maybe it sounds a little simplistic. Maybe it sounds like small-town idealism. But, frankly, who cares what it sounds like? We like it and it works. And our pharmacies have been doing it, very successfully, for generations. If you think you’d like it too, then check out our current job listings below.
United Pharmacy Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, United Pharmacy Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
$20,000 - $29,000/year with Benefits
LOCATIONS: New Jersey, New York, and Texas
IMMEDIATE HIRE! We are looking for an outgoing and responsible professional who has at least one year experience working in a pharmacy. Primary responsibility is to assist pharmacists in daily tasks and assist in receiving and dispensing of medications. The ideal candidate must be New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Certified. This is a terrific opportunity to grow in this profession. We offer great benefits and flexible hours!
Providing high quality customer service to patients and doctors while protecting patient confidentiality
Assisting Pharmacists in checking and filling prescriptions, answering questions and requests, responding to and referring inquiries to the Pharmacist
Maintaining Pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs
Performing computer data entry of prescription information, including but not limited to; patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation and entry, insurance, billing and basic problem solving
Maintaining a safe and clean Pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
Organizing medications for Pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities
Answering telephone calls when appropriate, within legal guidelines, and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- New Jersey Registration as a Pharmacy Technician required
- At least one year experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Able to hand stressful situations
- EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Business Development Manager
up to $60,000 per year with benefits
The Business Development Manager reports to the President of the company and has primary responsibility for the development of service pricing, costing models, and client proposals in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. Responsibilities span a wide range of business development functions, including direct interaction with key client executives, proposal and presentation development, and contract renewal and renegotiation.
LOCATIONS: New Jersey, New York, Texas
- Vetting innovative ideas for product advancement
- Create and manage product development roadmap in alignment with business objectives.
- Monitor performance and facilitate improvement for existing products.
- Understand key market trends. Anticipate changes needed to keep product competitive.
- Maintain knowledge of related products
- Monitor financial and operating performance of products.
- Ability to create content, pictures, ads to provide marketing to social media and ecommerce sites.
- Document and control Intellectual Property including trademarks, et al
- Ability to test and research market analysis
- Prioritize and meet deadlines set
- Develop standards and processes to ensure invoices, inventory, and concepts are properly documented and controlled.
- Provide support to staff focusing on website content development.
- Research and attend industry tradeshows, distributor meetings and other events as necessary.
- Maintain consistent social media presence.
- Recruit and manage brand ambassadors.
- Strong background in product marketing and development: 1 year
- Experience with ecommerce; marketing and selling products to online customers.
- Skill and experience in marketing through social media.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Vision to roadmap product growth
- Judgment with regard to product usability and customer expectations
- Ability to travel sporadically for trade shows or customer related activities.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Knowledge of AI a plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
Up to $100,000 per year with benefits
LOCATIONS: New Jersey, New York, Texas
Directly supervises employees in the Pharmacy. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Assays medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
- Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Inspires respect and trust.
- Adaptability - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Monitors transition and evaluates results; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Current Pharmacist License (Must be in good standing)
- Education and/or Experience - B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm D. and two to four years related experience and/or training.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of [User Intervention] [Enter Internet Provider.] Internet software; [User Intervention] [Enter Inventory Program.] Inventory software and [User Intervention] [Enter Pharmacy Software.] Order processing systems.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.